Saturday, July 25, 2009

SPCC Finally Friday, SFYTT

hi! Here is my card for the SPCC Finally Friday challenge. This week was hosted by Heidi, an SPCC Diva, and her challenge to us was to create your own embellies from household items. Ooooh...I love adding something unusual and "free" (since I already own it, it is free, right?!?) to my cards! Everyone head on over to check out all the other fun entries and ideas! http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-finally-friday-at-spcc.html My homemade embellies are the crossword puzzle which was cut from the local paper and my Dollarama chipboard, which was peeled and inked with Craft Ink (up close they look like suede they are so soft). I realize that's pushing the household items thing a bit, but truly...if you could see my craft area, you'd realize chipboard is a household item for me! LOL! (as I am sure it is for the rest of you out there in papercraft land!) The second challenge this was made for, is Jen DelMuro's sketch challenge at her "I Heart to Stamp" site. Click here for the fabby sketch, rules and all the other gorgeous entries http://iheart2stamp.com/2009/07/25/sketch-for-you-to-try-24/

Ingredients (all SU! unless otherwise noted):
Real Red Craft Ink, Kraft CS, Basic Black CS, Rockabilly Specialty DSP, Chipboard letters from Dollarama, Crossword from my local newspaper.


7 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the look of crossword puzzles. They're works of art in and of themselves. Thanks for playing!

    Heidi SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I love it Robbyn!!!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is so clever! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cool to use a crossword! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn...I love this! Would have never thought to use a crossowrd but now I just might borrow your idea. Thanks!!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!! Never though of the crossword puzzle. I just might have to borrow the idea as well.

    Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete