Friday, November 11, 2011

Toddler Advent Calendar

Hi friends! So I have all these grand plans for the new 25 & Counting Stamp Set released in the Current Holiday Mini (pg 37). Cards, and gift tags and advent calendars....I got to thinking however, that the ideas I had in mind weren't very child friendly, and wondered how I could make an advent calendar for a toddler to actively use. Voila! The idea for my White Board Advent Calendar was born! I'm hoping that a toddler could easily mark/circle/scribble over the Staz On stamped images, and feel like a sense of ownership in the tradition of counting down. The difficulty I had with this was keeping it very simple. I really was itching to add bows and ribbons and jingle bells to the top and bottom, but did not want anything that could be pulled off and swallowed. I've given this little gifty to my friend's 2 yr old, and hope he really enjoys it!

Ingredients: (All SU! unless otherwise mentioned)
25 & Counting Stamp Set, Christmas Greetings Stamp Set, Four Frames Stamp Set, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit, Black Staz On Ink, Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, Early Espresso Stampin' Write, White Board from my local dollar store.

3 comments:

  1. I really love this idea.... that is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great-now you just need to find a way to add chocolate!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2 year old and the 34 year old loved this gift! we are very excited for Dec 1 to put it up and start the count down xo Pam and Bennett

    ReplyDelete