Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #91


OMGoodness, I luuuuuurve this card! It turned out 98% differently than I originally planned, but 100% better than it was in my minds eye! Does that ever happen to guys? After distressing and adhering my DSP I decided it was too bland. So I ran it through my Big Shot with the Spider Web Embossing Folder, still bland-ish, so I rubbed my VersaMark on it and embossed it with the Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Better, but suddenly? Suddenly I realized the sweet little pumpkins I planned to use as my image, didn't really fit. Hmm. Second look at Keesh's amazing Sketch and I saw it....SPIDER!!!! Those legs make my heart beat faster, and they're so simple to make. They are punched 4 times (thin slices) with the long edge of the Decorative Label Punch, and cut in half. Thanks Keesh for the fabby sketch at the Inkspirations Site which inspired this card!!!

Ingredients: (All SU! unless otherwise mentioned)
Basic Black CS, Retired Halloween DSP, Spider Web Embossing Folder, Iridescent Ice EP, VersaMark, Decorative Label Extra Large Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Googly eyes and sparkly black paper from my crafty stash.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant way to use the double circle in the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever version of that sketch! Great job (but it IS a bit creepy- giving me goosebumps when I look at it Lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever Robbyn - Love your spider & his very sparkly web. Perfect use of the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete